Israel had four main airports: Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv, Ovda International Airport in the Negev, Eilat Airport, and Haifa Airport. Ovda and Eilat Airports are used for internal flights only. Most visitors to Israel arrive at Ben Gurion International Airport.
almost all international flights to Israel came to the Ben Gurion Airport. In fact, TLV has the reputation of being the most secure airport in the world; it had many restaurants, shops, a post office, banking facilities, a mother-child room, a synagogue, rental car desks, wireless internet, and three business lounges.
Ben Gurion International Airport is a hub to a lot of international airlines that fly to Israel: El Al Israel Airlines (this is the nation’s main airline), Air Canada, Alitalia, Air France, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, KLM, Lufthansa German Airlines, and others.
How to get cheap flights to Israel
- 1. Book your flight way ahead.
- 2. Book your ticket online.
- 3. Fly during the winter - Usually prices tend to be higher during the summer.
- 4. Try not to book your tickets during Jewish and Christian holidays.
- 5. Book your flight on Fridays / Saturdays (except on El Al Airline that doesn't fly on the Saturday).
- 6. Research on the web for the best deal you can find. You'll be amazed at the price differences.
If you're looking for direct flights, EL AL Israel Airlines is the best choice for you. Foe low cost flights, try easyJet. * Notice: There are no direct flights to Israel from locations such as Australia, or from countries that have no diplomatic relations with Israel.
Transportation from Ben Gurion Airport
There is a well-connected train network which will take you from the airport to almost anywhere in Israel. Also, Car hire is available at the airport.